Topics in this newsletter include:
- Welcome to SOCCA!
- Challenging the Status Quo: 24th SOCCA Annual Meeting
- SOCCA Affiliation with Anesthesia and Analgesia
- House Activities at ANESTHESIOLOGY 2011
- 2011 Fellowship Director’s Breakfast Symposium Summary
- Encouraging Investigative Careers: Opportunities for SOCCA
- PRO: Should Amiodarone Be Used for Prevention of Atrial Fibrillation in Cardiac Surgery Patients?
- CON: Should Amiodarone Be Used for Prevention of Atrial Fibrillation in Cardiac Surgery Patients?
- Fellowship review: Critical Care Fellowship at the Medical University of South Carolina
- Fellowship review: University of Washington Medical Center
- PRO: The Physical Exam Is Still an Indispensible Tool in Critical Care
- CON: The Physical Examination Should Take a Backseat to Newer Technologies in the ICU
- Literature review: Should Etomidate Be Used in Critically Ill Patients?
- PRO: Early Tracheostomy
- CON: Early Tracheostomy
- Literature review: respiratory Variability at the Time of a Spontaneous Breathing Trial Connotes Successful liberation From the Ventilator