ACGME Accredited ACCM Fellowship Programs
SOCCA has provided listings of the certified Critical Care Anesthesia fellowships over the years. There are currently 57 programs in the United States. You may view the contact information for all programs here.
In general, the most current contact information can be obtained from the ACGME. Each program has a different number of positions, interview process, etc. That said, all of the programs are a 12 month fellowship; it is presumed that prospective fellows will obtain the appropriate state licenses prior to commencing work.
Common Application Form
All ACCM fellowship programs participating in SF Match are now utilizing the Central Application Service through SF Match. The application can be found on the SF Match website. Click here to access the application. Once an applicant has completed their application and submitted the required three letters of reference, SF Match will distribute the applications to the programs on the applicant’s distribution list. Please check with individual programs to see if they require any additional supplemental material.
Additional information regarding graduate medical training can be found on the ACGME site.
ACCM Fellowship Match
The majority of the ACCM Fellowship Programs participate in a match administered through SF Match. Participating programs, instructions for enrolling in the match, and the match timeline can be found on the SF Match website.
Exceptions to the Match
There are six agreed upon instances where a program and an applicant may agree to a position without waiting for the match to happen. It is important to remember that both program and applicant must still enroll in the match!
These are the instances:
- Applicants who are in active military service at the time of application.
- Applicants who are making a commitment to come to the institution of the CCM fellowship for more than one year.
- Applicants who are enrolled in an anesthesiology residency outside of the USA at the time of the application.
- Applicants who reside outside the USA at the time of application or who are not eligible for ABA certification due to non US training
- Applicants whose spouse or partner is applying for a GME-approved post graduate training program in a medical specialty in the same region as the CCM fellowship
- Internal candidates
The Match Exception process is now closed.
Completed exceptions can be viewed on the SOCCA Match Exceptions page. The next Match Exception enrollment period will open on February 28, 2020.