SOCCA Innovators Award
As a result of a generous anonymous contribution, SOCCA is pleased to offer a $10,000 grant for an innovator in the field.
The purpose of the grant is to promote:
- the advancement of medical technologies
- innovative clinical solution ideas
- safe and effective uses of existing technologies
- next-generation innovators & leadership
- translational research
- academic promotion
SOCCA members are encouraged to apply. The proposed idea should represent a true innovation, in that it introduces a new device or technique, changes clinical practice or could demonstrate improved patient outcomes, and that it has an immediate impact on health care delivery.
Proposals should specify the following:
- Background of the problem being solved
- Expected final product of the research
- Expected expense budget
- Expected impact from implementation
- Relevance to the field of critical care anesthesiology
Applicants must be SOCCA members (although collaboration with non-members in other fields is acceptable).
Please make sure to read the guidelines for the full proposal before submitting your Innovators Award application .
Applications were accepted September 30, 2022 until December 31, 2022 and are now closed. Award will be presented at the 2023 SOCCA Annual Meeting in Denver, CO.
Top finalists (up to 3) will be expected to present their proposals at the SOCCA annual meeting, and travel grants will be provided.
For questions email Vivian Abalama, [email protected].