SOCCA Innovators Award
As a result of a generous anonymous contribution, SOCCA is pleased to offer a $10,000 grant for an innovator in the field.
The purpose of the grant is to promote:
- the advancement of medical technologies
- innovative clinical solution ideas
- safe and effective uses of existing technologies
- next-generation innovators & leadership
- translational research
- academic promotion
SOCCA members are encouraged to apply. The proposed idea should represent a true innovation, in that it introduces a new device or technique, changes clinical practice or could demonstrate improved patient outcomes, and that it has an immediate impact on health care delivery.
Proposals should specify the following:
- Background of the problem being solved
- Expected final product of the research
- Expected expense budget
- Expected impact from implementation
- Relevance to the field of critical care anesthesiology
Applicants must be SOCCA members (although collaboration with non-members in other fields is acceptable).
Please make sure to read the guidelines for the full proposal before submitting your Innovators Award application .
Applications were accepted September 30, 2022 until December 31, 2022 and are now closed.
For questions email the SOCCA office at [email protected].
Dr. Robert Thiele
“Correlation Between Heart Rate Variability and Pulse Amplitude Variation to Predict Fluid Responsiveness”.